Thermoforming Set-Up Technician (Swing Schedule)
Thermoforming Set-Up Technician
Indepak, a division of Sinclair & Rush, Inc., is a custom thermoforming company that prides itself on our industry reputation for quality, on time delivery and technical expertise. Our ability to design, create and manufacture custom thermoformed packaging is our trademark. We “Form Good Impressions.”
We value our employees and their contribution. We enjoy fun companywide events and activities throughout the year and believe a good work/life balance is essential to the well-being of our employees. Imagine a 3-day weekend every week! You will have that with a Monday – Thursday 10-hour work week schedule. Indepak is a 55-year family-owned business with a global footprint. Our company culture is based on teamwork and collaboration. This is proven through employee loyalty in tenure which results in extensive expertise of our products, processes and service.
- Instant Vacation Days
- Frequent Employee Appreciation Events
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Sick Leave
- Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, (medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health reimbursement account, life insurance, and 401(k) plan with company match
Job Type: Full-time
Hours: Monday - Thursday, Swing Shift (4x10 hour shifts) 4:00 p.m. - 2:30 a.m.
This opportunity is for our Portland, Oregon location.
Efficiently and safely set up thermoforming molds in machinery for production runs, troubleshoot mechanical problems and make minor repairs.
- Ability to perform successful setups on all forming machines
- Provide assistance with set-up and development of new tools, achieve first article, and document setup parameters on ALL forming machines
- Provide troubleshooting support on forming problems as requested by operators and manufacturing staff
- Maintain processing standards on all forming machines
- Monitor the machine cycle time at the start of the production run. Make basic machine adjustments necessary to assure the cycle is running at the set standard
Must have 2-5 years’ experience in thin gauge plastic thermoforming, manufacturing, injection molding or similar industry, proven knowledge of machinery and mechanical principles and practices, excellent troubleshooting skills, creative problem solver, high standards of technical excellence, workmanship and safety, independently productive, ability to build cooperative working relationships, desire to gain continued knowledge and training. Must be able to read, write, speak and comprehend fluent English.
Physical Requirements Include:
Must have ability to move quickly and readily about the entire plant site, lift up to 75lbs. waist high and 50lbs. shoulder high. Auditory and sight sensory abilities adequate to perform evaluations of parts and troubleshoot of process controls.